Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

Review: Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1)
by Miranda Kenneally 

Genre: Chick Lit, Contemporary, Humor, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: December 2011
Format: Paperback, 281 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook
ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

Catching Jordan caught my interest with its simple cover and interesting synopsis. A girl who leads a football team as the captain AND quarterback? That sounded really interesting. Not that I have much knowledge on American football. But I was looking for a read with a bit of romance and sports. I thought that this was going to be a very interesting story. And I was right! Catching Jordan was not a disappointment. 

I definitely enjoyed Jordan’s voice. She was a strong, confident girl who doesn’t have many girlfriends. I thought it was exciting to see how Jordan, a tomboyish girl fell in love. Mostly the girl would confide in their girlfriends on their relationship, but it was funny to see how Jordan confided to the guys. 

I like the relationship between Jordan with the supporting characters – the guys in her team and her family (her father, to be exact). Although I thought that the book would be much better without any sex talk/scene in it. 

But still, Catching Jordan had a great plot. I absolutely loved the dialogues between the characters. Catching Jordan was such a fun, cute read. There were lots of laughs out loud moments and moments that make me can’t stop smiling. I definitely recommend this one to anyone who loves contemporary romance. I can’t wait to read the next book.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...