Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

On Tour: Lichgates by S.M Boyce - Interview



S.M. Boyce  is now on tour with ABG Reads Book Tours with her book, Lichgates (The Grimoire Saga #1). Please visit her tour page for more blog stops.

Lichgates (The Grimoire Saga #1)
by S.M. Boyce

Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: January 2011
Connect: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Blog
The Grimoire Saga: The Grimoire Saga Website | Grimoire Saga Facebook
Buy the Book: ePub | Mobi | Autographed Paperback



Kara Magari is about to discover a beautiful world full of terrifying things—Ourea.

Kara, a college student still reeling from her mother’s recent death, has no idea the hidden world of Ourea even exists until a freak storm traps her in a sunken library. With no way out, she opens an ancient book of magic called the Grimoire and unwittingly becomes its master, which means Kara now wields the cursed book’s untamed power. Discovered by Ourea's royalty, she becomes an unwilling pawn in a generations-old conflict—a war intensified by her arrival. In this world of chilling creatures and betrayal, Kara shouldn’t trust anyone… but she’s being hunted and can’t survive on her own. She drops her guard when Braeden, a native soldier with a dark secret, vows to keep her safe. And though she doesn’t know it, her growing attraction to him may just be her undoing.

For twelve years, Braeden Drakonin has lived a lie. The Grimoire is his one chance at redemption, and it lands in his lap when Kara Magari comes into his life. Though he begins to care for this human girl, there is something he wants more. He wants the Grimoire.

Welcome to Ourea, where only the cunning survive.
Interview with the author

1. Tell me about yourself & your book.
Hmm, let’s see. I am a fantasy and paranormal author who loves ghost stories and loose leaf tea. I’m gooey at heart and addicted to adding inspirational and vivid pictures to Pinterest. Writing is my passion and lifelong career.


My novel Lichgates is the first in the Grimoire Saga, an epic fantasy with a contemporary twist. It’s about a young woman named Kara who stumbles into a parallel world called Ourea, where monsters are very real and magic is commonplace. She has to grow up fast and face her fears, because in Ourea only the cunning survive.


2. What inspire you to write the world of Ourea?

Lichgates—and the whole Grimoire Saga, really—was an adventure. It started with the seed of an idea planted in 2006, when I was making little spellcaster things out of clay. I started tweaking and customizing them, wondering what kind of creatures or beings would use them. Over time, the story evolved into something epic and massive. I removed bits like the spellcasters from the story and added loads more, always questioning and expanding the storyline. It’s been so much fun.

3. Grade Lichgates. How many stars out of a perfect score of 5 stars? Please give the reason too.
Excellent question!

Because Lichgates was my first novel, I see flaws in it that I didn’t notice when I first started out. This is good, actually, because it shows growth in my writing. The goal for every serious author is to grow with every novel, and that means admitting flaws in existing work (as much as that SUCKS). Still, I am very proud of the novel and the world I created in the Grimoire Saga. I give Lichgates a 4-star rating, and each book after has only improved.

4. What are you working on right now?
Heritage (Grimoire Saga #3) consumed my life up until recently, as it has just released. My next project is the finale to the Grimoire Saga, Illusion. It’s going to blow even the other action-packed and emotional books out of the water. After that, I’ll be branching into some new series in different (though similar) genres. I’m thrilled to get started!


5. Anything you would like to say to your readers?

 Thank you a million times over. You are amazing. I get to live my dream because you enjoy my work, and that means the world to me. Please feel free to tweet me or leave a Facebook comment any time you want to drop in and say hello. Stay awesome, my dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...