Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

Review: The One by Kiera Cass

The One (The Selection #3)
by Kiera Cass

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: May 2014
Format: Paperback, 336 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown--or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose--and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.
I’m not sure what I should think of this series. I'm not a big fan of first two books—The Selection and The Elite. But I just can’t stop reading the series. Besides being fascinated by the pretty dress on the cover, I wanted to find out what happen to America and the others. I wanted her to end up with Maxon, although sometimes, I do think that America did not deserve him. I wanted to know how the author is going to wrap up the story when there are a lot more questions need to be answered.

I think that The One focused on Maxon and America’s relationship, which was why there wasn’t a lot of Aspen in this book. I’m happy for that. But America continued to frustrate me as she did in the first two books. There were a lot of drama going on between America and Maxon caused by misunderstanding and miscommunication. There were moments where I thought that I was going to like her just a little bit. But then, she would do something that makes me want to strangle her.

I do think that this book is definitely better than The Elite. I’m glad that the rebels are back. At least I know now why they were attacking the palace. I’m glad that the girls in the competition are getting closer to each other.  But I’m not a big fan of how the story ended. I’m frustrated by the death of certain people at the end of the story. It was a little bit too abrupt and too easy to end and conclude the story.  



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...