Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2015

Review: Passing Through Perfect by Bette Lee Crosby

Passing Through Perfect (Wyattsville #3)
by Bette Lee Crosby

Genre: Contemporary, Fiction, Womens Fiction
Publication: January 14th, 2015 by Bent Pine Publishing
Format: ebook, 256 pages
Source: Author
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook
It's 1946. The war is over. Millions of American soldiers are coming home and Benjamin Church is one of them. After four years of being away he thought things in Alabama would have changed, but they haven't. Grinder's Corner is as it's always been--a hardscrabble burp in the road. It's not much, but it's home.

When Benjamin attends a harvest festival in Twin Pines, he catches sight of Delia. Before their first dance ends, he knows for certain she's the one. They fall madly in love: happily, impatiently, imprudently, in love. It doesn't matter that her daddy is staunchly opposed to the thought of his daughter marrying a cotton farmer, never mind a poor one.

It's true Benjamin has little to offer; he's a sharecropper who will spend his whole life sweating and slaving to do little more than put food on the table. But that's how things are in Alabama. Benjamin is better off than most; he has a wife, a boy he adores, and a house that doesn't leak rain. Yes, Benjamin considers himself a lucky man until the fateful night that changes everything.

I'm not sure what to expect from this book when I start reading. This wasn't the kind of book I usually read. So, I am surprised that I really enjoy reading this story.

Passing Through Perfect tells a story of Benjamin Church after he returned home after the war. He fell in love with Delia, and married her even though Delia's father opposed the marriage. Benjamin faced a lot of hardship, but he was happy with his wife and his son until that one night that took his happiness away. 

The book can be read as a standalone even though this is the third book from the Wyattsville series. The story was a bit slow at the beginning, but the writing was smooth. It was easy to get into the story. I can't put the book down once I picked it up. I need to find out what will happen to Benjamin and his family. I wanted to cheer for him. I wanted him to find his happiness after everything he went through. 

Passing Through Perfect was a great book. The writing was flawless, the characters were great and the story was smooth. There are lots of things going on! I was on a rollercoaster of emotion throughout the book. I'm glad that I gave this book a chance. I really enjoyed this. I think this is the kind of book that everyone would enjoy, even though this isn't something that you'd like to read.

I received a copy of this book from the author to provide an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...