Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Review: Where the Road Takes Me by Jay McLean

Where the Road Takes Me
by Jay McLean

Genre: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: February 10th, 2015 by Skyscape
Format: Paperback, 315 pages
Source: Netgalley, ARC
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Chloe has one plan for the future, and one plan only: the road. She’s made a promise to herself: don’t let anyone in, and don’t let anyone love her. She’s learned the hard way what happens if she breaks her rules. So she’s focused on being invisible and waiting until she can set out on the road—her dream of freedom, at least for a little while.

Blake Hunter is a basketball star who has it all—everything about him looks perfect to those on the other side of his protective walls. He can’t let anyone see the shattered pieces behind the flawless facade or else all his hopes and dreams will disappear.

One dark night throws Chloe and Blake together, changing everything for Blake. For Chloe, nothing changes: she has the road, and she’s focused on it. But when the so-called perfect boy starts to notice the invisible girl, they discover that sometimes with love, no one knows where the road may lead.
I do not know what to expect when I read this book. I picked up this book because I was attracted to the cover (it's pretty!) and the blurbs. So... Chloe met Blake this one night when Blake saved her from this circumstance, and Blake just can't get her out of his mind.

I've got tons of issue with the book right from the start. I couldn't understand what makes Blake attracted to Chloe. I mean, I get that Blake was attracted to Chloe because she's cute, but, I failed to see other reason than that. 

The story was written in Blake and Chloe's point of view. I have to say that I love Blake as compared to Chloe. I just can't understand her. I know that she had issues, but I just don't get her plan with the road trip. I wasn't a big fan of the other supporting characters, but I do love Chloe's parents and Blake's mom. After a while, I started to think that the story was not so bad. I love Chloe's and Blake's interaction. 

Where the Road Takes Me was an okay read. I could probably enjoy  the book more if I ignore the meeting, the bad dialogue, and Chloe. Now that I think of it, perhaps this book would be better if it was written in Blake's point of view, instead of both.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...