Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: Ghostwriter Anonymous by Noreen Wald

Ghostwriter Anonymous (A Jake O'Hara Mystery)
by Noreen Wald

Genre: Romance, Cozy Mystery
Publication: Mar 1, 2016 by Henery Press
Format: e-books
Source: NetGalley, ARC
Connect: Website
With her books sporting other people’s names, ghostwriter Jake O’Hara works behind the scenes. But she never expected a séance at a New York apartment to be part of her job. Jake had signed on as a ghostwriter, secretly writing for a grande dame of mystery fiction whose talent died before she did. The author’s East Side residence was impressive. But her entourage—from a Mrs. Danvers-like housekeeper to a lurking hypnotherapist—was creepy.

Still, it was all in a day’s work, until a killer started going after ghostwriters, and Jake suspected she was chillingly close to the culprit. Attending a séance and asking the dead for spiritual help was one option. Some brilliant sleuthing was another-before Jake’s next deadline turns out to be her own funeral.

I haven't been reading any cozy mystery this recently, and was in the mood to read one. I was happy when I found this book, Ghostwriter Anonymous by Noreen Wald. Instantly, I was hooked by the pretty cover and the promising blurbs.

Sadly, I didn't like Ghostwriter Anonymous as much as I expected to. I love Jake O'Hara's character. It was fun to read a ghostwriter mystery. I love the idea and the plot. It was new and fresh to me. The mystery behind the murders were interesting to keep me reading. But there has been just too much character in the book. It was kind of confusing sometimes. It didn't help that I didn't have much care about the minor characters or the bits of romance. It was surprising to find out who the murderer was at the end of the book, but I was disappointed on how the murderer was revealed.

Overall, Ghostwriter Anonymous by Noreen Wald was an okay cozy mystery read with interesting, but not so complicated plot.

I received a copy of this book from the author/Netgalley/publisher in exchange for my review

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...