Search This Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite (The Selection #2)
by Kiera Cass

Genre: Dystopia, Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: April 2013 by HarperTeen
Format: Paperback, 323 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Iléa.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

The Elite by Kiera Cass is the second book from The Selection series. I didn't really like the first book, but I wanted to give this series another chance. I wanted to see America matured just a little bit. I wanted to know more about the rebel. I mean, the series does have a good premise. But after a few pages into the book, I was disappointed. Mostly with America. I didn't like her character. She can't make up her mind and she sounded very selfish in this book. The only scene that made me like America a little bit was the part where she defended her friend in public. But that was it. 

I was really happy when the rebel made their appearance, even though just for a little while. I was hoping to see more of them. I wanted to know why they rebelled against the kingdom. Will I read the next book of the selection, The One? I might. I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about this series. I didn't like the characters and plot, but I still wanted to find out what happen at the end. I wanted to know the kingdom's history. It would be really interesting. I just hope that The One would be slightly better than The Elite.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...