Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Poison Study (Study #1)
by Maria V. Snyder

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: November, 2007 by Mira Books
Format: ebook, 284 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Blog | Facebook
About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooma in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...
I’ve previously read Storm Glass, and wanted to read the Study series before I continue with the next book. I instantly fell in love with the poison study, and I didn't want to put down. I loved it. This book was brilliant.

Yelena was to be executed for murder. She was offered to be a food tester for the Commander of Ixia or face her punishment. The chief of security, Valek fed her with a poison called, Butterfly Dust, so that Yelena cannot run. To survive, Yelena must take her daily antidote, or die from the poison.

I love Yelena. She’s a kick ass heroine. It was interesting to see how Yelena tried to stay alive in Ixia since there are a few people who wanted her dead. The other supporting characters made the story much more interesting. The chemistry between Yelena and the other characters was awesome. I fell in love with the characters and I just can’t get enough of them.

This book wasn’t what I was expecting. The plot was absolutely amazing. There was a bit of romance in the book that turned my fangirl switch on. I thoroughly enjoyed the book that I immediately purchased the next book of the series to find out what was going to happen to Yelena and the others. I highly recommend this book! 



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...