Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder

Magic Study (Study #2)
by Maria V. Snyder

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: November, 2007 by Mira Books
Format: ebook, 284 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Blog | Facebook
So far, I've managed to survive. You would think after being kidnapped as a child, imprisoned in my teens and released to become a poison taster, I would have endured enough. But no. The discovery of my magical abilities--powers forbidden in Ixia--has resulted in an execution order. My only chance is to flee to Sitia, my long-lost birthplace.

But Sitia is unfamiliar. I'm treated like an enemy--even by my own brother. Plus I can't control my powers. I want to learn about my magic, but there isn't time. A rogue magician has emerged and I'm targeted as his next victim.

Will my magical abilities save me...or be my downfall?

I love the previous book,  bought Magic Study as soon as I finished Poison Study. I just can’t get enough of Yelena, Valek and their friends. I couldn’t say that Magic Study was as good as Poison Study, but I still like it. Very much.

In this book, Yelena returned to her birthplace, Sitia after she was banished from Ixia. Yelena learned more about magic and how to control them from Irys, the fourth magician. Returning to Sitia means that she will be meeting her family for the first time since she was kidnapped. Her reunion, however, was not as she had expected. Her brother didn’t exactly welcome her return. 

The pace of the story was a bit slower than the first book. But it still has a very good storyline. I wasn’t too excited to see Yelena separated with her friends in Ixia, but it was interesting to see Yelena in a new environment. I was excited to see how Yelena reunited with her family. Her family members (especially her cousins) are very interesting. Yelena made a few more friends in Sitia (and a few more enemies). The new characters (I love the moon man and Kiki) made the story much more exciting, but I am so happy to see Valek, the Commander, Ari and Janco reappearance. 

If you enjoyed the first book, Poison Study, you'll definitely want to read Magic Study.




buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...