Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: The Girlfriend Request by Jodie Andrefski

The Girlfriend Request
by Jodie Andrefski

Genre: Romance, Contemporary,Young Adult
Publication: January 11th, 2016 by Entangled: Crush
Format: ebook
Source: ARC, Netgalley
Connect: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Updating best friend to girlfriend is more than a change of status…

Emma has been best friends with Eli since she moved to his neighborhood ten years ago. Tired of being cast in the role of the girl next door, Emma creates a fake Facebook profile in the hopes of starting an online friendship with Eli, which would hopefully lead to more. Like...way more. From friend request to In a Relationship--it all seemed so completely logical when she'd planned it.

Eli can't figure out what Emma is up to. He’s pretty sure she's the one behind the Facebook profile, but then again, why would she do something so drastic instead of just admitting she wants to be more than friends? And who the heck is this new guy he saw her with? Eli starts to think that just maybe...he missed his chance with the girl next door.

Two best friends, one outlandish ruse. Their status is about to become way more than It’s Complicated…

This Entangled Teen Crush book contains one fake Facebook profile, two best friends who secretly crave each other, and a dreaded sex talk with parentsboy crush in the room included. Pushing a relationship beyond the friend zone has never been so crazy…
I was intrigued to read this book after reading the blurbs. It sounds interesting and I expect that the story was going to be funny. Besides, I really wanted to know how Emma's plan to win Eli with this fake profile will go. 

Emma has been best friends with Eli for a long time, and she wanted to be more than his friends. So, she created a fake Facebook profile, and role play as 'Kelli' and hope to start an online friendship with Eli. But things didn't really go as the way she planned, when Emma was caught in her own lies.

The Girlfriend Request was written in both Emma and Eli's point of view. I quite like that, since I get to know what they both are thinking about each other. I have to say that I'm not really a fan of Emma. I know that she has her own insecurities, and sometimes, the insecurities led her to do something stupid. There are times when I could understand why she do what she did, but most of the times, I get frustrated with her decision, especially when she decided to play the jealous game, by going out with her fake boyfriend, Jake. I like Eli more than Emma. At least he didn't try to pull something stupid as Emma. 

I definitely enjoyed the minor characters more than the major one. I love how Sarah, Emma's friend, tried to talk some sense into her. And I love how Emma's parents can be embarrassing and supportive of their daughter.

The Girlfriend Request can be straightforward and predictable, but it is definitely an enjoyable, light read. I enjoyed reading about Emma and Eli's friendship, and how they grew to be something more. There are some funny moments, and teen angst. I would definitely recommend this to those who were looking for a light, teen reads.

I received a copy of this book from the author/Netgalley/publisher in exchange for my review

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...