Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2016

#BookReview The Goodbyes by Leslie Welch

The Goodbyes
by Leslie Welch

Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Publication:  Published July 12th, 2016 by Blue Moon Publishers
Format: ebooks. 226 pages
Source: ARC, Netgalley
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Since he was thirteen years old, rockstar Webb Turner pined for Bree, the enigmatic girl across the street. He captured her in his songs, but never in his orbit. His lyrics about her propelled Webb's band to superstardom, but his fame came with the price of finding real love.

When he discovers that Bree is dying, Webb leaves a stadium full of adoring fans to be at her side. As a blizzard batters the east coast, will Webb succeed in his fight against the storm and the mistakes of his past for a chance to say one last goodbye?


If I was judging this book by its cover, I'd say that this is a thriller read. But it's not. The Goodbyes is a story of love, self-discovery and growing up. The story is told in Webb Turner's point of view. Webb received word that Bree, the girl across the street that he love is dying. He abandoned everything and rushes home to be with her. Along the journey home, Webb is having a flashback on his relationship with Bree. 

I wasn't sure I was going to like this book. Mainly because of most of the rockstar in books I read always acted like an ass. I'm just glad that Webb isn't like that. He's more down to earth kind of a rockstar.

Webb and Bree's relationship is a rollercoaster of emotion. I get frustrated at their relationship sometimes. A part of me wanted them to be together, and another part of me don't. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about their relationship and what made them who they are at the present. What I really love about the book is the unexpected ending. I'm just glad that the book end with a happy ending.

I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher and NetGalley in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...